JMD Studio Policies
The Fall-Spring Tuition is based on a 10 month schedule which can be paid in full in the beginning of the year for a 5% discount or can be broken up into Ten equal amounts and be paid monthly.
Mini Session tuition is due at the time of registration.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month.
- A late fee of $15 will be applied to any accounts unpaid by the 10th of each month.
- There will be a $25 fee applied to any returned checks.
- Any students with accounts overdue for more than 30 days will not be permitted to participate in class.
- Students will not be permitted to perform if there is an account balance.
*Please note that if you choose to make monthly payments that tuition is based on a ten month schedule and not the number of classes each month. There may be an uneven number of classes in each month, but that will not effect the payment due. All classes are guaranteed to meet at least 33 times throughout the ten months.
Tuition and Fees:
Fall 2018 Tuition as follows:
- $30 Yearly non-refundable Registration Fee, $50 Registration Fee per family
- 45 Minutes of Class Per Week - $45/Month
- 1 Hour of Class Per Week - $50/Month
- 2 Hours of Class Per Week - $95/Month
- 3 Hours of Class Per Week - $135/Month
- 4 Hours of Class Per Week - $170/Month
- Each additional hour per week - Additional $30/Month
There is a 5% discount for each additional dancer in each immediate family.
*There will be no refund for classes missed, students may make up class by attending another class of a similar level.
Students participating in recital classes will be required to purchase a costume for each recital class they are enrolled in.
- Costume Payments are Due November 15th
- Child size costumes are $65 each
- Adult size costumes are $75 each
- Costume fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
- There will be a 5% family costume discount for any family purchasing more than 6 costumes.
Jump, Move, Dance follows the Carroll County School District for day time classes on all weather related closures and will close accordingly HOWEVER, we will make a final call by 2pm on school closure days whether we will be open or not in the evening. Please stay alert to your e-mail or our social media pages for updates. Classes can be made up by attending another class of a similar level.
~ All classes will meet at least 33 times in the 10 month season. We will not reschedule classes due to weather cancellation, however, if a certain day is missed enough and that class drops below the 33 guaranteed classes, we will schedule a weather make up day.
- Dancers are expected to be kind, courteous, and respectful of teachers and peers at all times.
- Dancers will abide by the dress code for each class. ( Listed Below)
- No street shoes are allowed in the dance classrooms.
- At no time are dancers permitted to have gum during class.
- The only food or drink permitted in the classrooms is water.
All students enrolled in a Jazz or Lyrical/Contemporary Class are required to take one ballet class per week.
All students enrolled in Pointe are required to take TWO ballet classes per week.
All students enrolled in Jumps, Leaps, and Turns, or Ballet Technique, must take one additional ballet class every week.
These requirements are for the safety of the dancers and to improve their technique and knowledge to help them succeed in other styles.
Students are expected to come to class prepared to learn. Dancers must be in form fitting athletic clothing and hair neatly pulled back away from the face and neck. Appropriate shoes must be worn in each class. No loose or distracting jewelry should be worn to class. For specifics please view the table below to be sure your child is fully prepared for class.
Code of Conduct
- All students, parents, and faculty of Jump, Move, Dance are expected to be positive, encouraging, and professional at all times.
- No street shoes are allowed in the dance classrooms.
- There is a NO GOSSIP policy at JMD that is taken very seriously, our classrooms and lobby areas are not the place to be negative. If there is a problem please seek the director and bring it to her attention immediately so that it can be handled properly.
- Please do not discuss the abilities of any students other than your own. Our faculty will abide by this and we ask that you respect that.
- At all events including recitals, competitions, and any other performances we expect that both our dancers and parents are respectful and courteous.
Jump, Move, Dance reserves the right to dismiss anyone who does not comply with the Code of Conduct.
By enrolling in classes, I waive any liability against Jump Move Dance and any and all faculty on behalf of my child for any personal injury or loss of property while participating in any activity or any class offered by the school. In case of an emergency illness or injury in which I cannot be present or reached, I authorize Jump Move Dance to seek the necessary medical attention for my child.
By enrolling in classes. I give permission for my child to be photographed or video tapped. I realize that these medias may be used by Jump Move Dance to publicize their business and understand that they may appear on the Jump Move Dance website and other advertising platforms. I will not expect compensation for the use of said materials.
I have read and understand the above policies and I agree to abide by these policies while my child is enrolled in Jump Move Dance. I will be responsible for all charges/payments for this account.